Moving large and heavy items is a daunting task, especially if you don’t have the right tools and techniques. However, with the help of professional movers, you c make the process much easier and stress-free will share some tips and tricks from experienced movers to help you move your bulky items safely and efficiently.
Moving large and heavy items requires some preparation and planning. First, you need to assess the size and weight of the items you want to move and determine if you need any special equipment. This includes dollies, straps, blankets, and furniture sliders. You rent or purchase these tools from your local moving company, hardware store, or online retailer. Make sure to get sturdy and high-quality equipment that withstands the weight of your items and protects them from damage.
Disassemble and Label Your Furniture-
- If you have large furniture pieces like beds, desks, or cabinets, it’s a good idea to disassemble them before moving. This makes them easier to handle and reduces the risk of damage or injury. Use a screwdriver or wrench to remove any removable parts and pack them separately read the full info here https://www.newviewmoving.com/queen-creek.
- Label each part with its corresponding number or letter to make reassembly easier. You use collared tape or stickers to identify which pieces belong to which item. Keep all the hardware and screws in a plastic bag and tape it to the furniture piece to avoid losing them.
Protect Your Floors and Walls-
- Moving large and heavy items scratch or damage your floors and walls if you’re not careful. To prevent this, you use furniture sliders or cardboard sheets to slide the items across the floor instead of dragging them. This also reduces the amount of effort required to move the items.
- You c also use moving blankets or bubble wrap to protect the corners and edges of your furniture from bumps and scratches. If you need to move items up or down stairs, use a stair dolly or hire professional movers who have experience with this type of task.
Use Proper Lifting Techniques-
- Lifting heavy items put a strain on your back and muscles if you don’t use proper techniques. Before lifting, make sure to warm up your muscles and stretch to avoid injury. Keep your back straight, bend your knees, and use your leg muscles to lift the item.
Avoid twisting your body or lifting with your back muscles, as this causes strain and pain. Instead, use your arms and legs to control the movement of the item and keep it close to your body. Take breaks as needed and don’t try to lift more than you handle